Sunday, February 10, 2008

Fun Monday - The Musical Version

This week, my baby girl got to tell me what to do. Here is what she said:


Music plays a vital role in most of our lives. It is everywhere. I want to hear the ONE song that is you. The song that whenever it is heard, you smile. I am not looking for the soundtrack of your life, just that one song. Your friends hear it and think of you. You can post the video, the lyrics, the wav file. However you want to post it is great.




Born to Be Wild - Steppenwolf
Words and music by Mars Bonfire



Get your motor runnin'


Head out on the highway


Lookin' for adventure


And whatever comes our way



Yeah Darlin' go make it happen


Take the world in a love embrace


Fire all of your guns at once


And explode into space



I like smoke and lightning


Heavy metal thunder


Racin' with the wind


And the feelin' that I'm under



Yeah Darlin' go make it happen


Take the world in a love embrace


Fire all of your guns at once


And explode into space



Like a true nature's child


We were born, born to be wild


We can climb so high


I never wanna die


Born to be wild



Born to be wild© MCA Music (BMI)


All rights for the USA controlled and administered


byMCA Corporation of America, INC


--Used with permission--


15 comments:

Patience-please said...

Wow! Now I have to try to go to sleep????
So many memories attached to that song..
all the best-
Patience

ChrisB said...

Listening to that and seeing the video clip is making this grandmother think that she should have been a bit more wild!!

Megnificent said...

ha! fits you just right, shorty!

Junebug said...

Great song and I loved that movie back when! Two blogs? Sandy?

Jenni said...

Terrific song!

Robin M said...

We just watched that the other day. My first time actually. Interesting movie. Great song.

Robin of mytwoblessings

Sandy said...

Thanks for not forgetting how to be wild, baby.

Love you.

the rotten correspondent said...

Love the song. I've always wished I was wild.

But no...

Irish Coffeehouse said...

FANTASTIC song choice! (((two huge thumbs up!!!)))

Princess Jewelee said...

Thanks for playing DAD. That song is very much you.

Molly said...

Ah yes, Born to Be Wild...what a classic song.

Courtney said...

haha, awesome song!

Alison said...

I love that song!!! great choice!!

Anonymous said...

This and "Wild Thing" conjure up memories that I have surpressed because those are the days that my son will have soon enough - there is no sense in him knowing I actually had "fun" while growing up. That might defeat the fatherly persona I am attempted to portray. But secretly, I would do it all again.

Karina said...

Great song choice!!! Love it!